Debaniaque Chrysalis 19
Event Details :
Debaniaque Chrysalis 19, Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Management Fest, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 2nd February 2019
LIBA Chrysalis - Débaniaque
To all the assertive, articulate and opinionated orators, BMI Club of LIBA brings to you the Débaniaque, a debate amongst the best of speakers from B-schools across the country. It is a one-day event. A unique format of intercollegiate debate which has in offer a breadth of knowledge about current events, domestic policy, and foreign affairs; embraces a range of argumentative forms, including both technical and more traditional styles of argument; and, rewards extemporaneous delivery, i.e., “thinking on your feet.” Pull up your sleeves, sharpen your ripostes and jostle for cash prizes worth Rs. 25,000.
Game Structure & Rules
The Debate consists of two rounds. Details and rules of each round are as follows:
- A team should consist of 2 members, no more and no less.
- An audio/video file should be submitted, with each member speaking for 1.5 minutes. The size of the file should not exceed 20MB.
- One member of the team would lay down perspectives and build cases upon the topic, the second member would whip the point laid down by the first member.
- The topics would be informed via your registered Email ID.
- Shortlisted teams will be participating in the Final round that will be held on 2nd February,2019 at LIBA campus, Chennai.
- Final Round will be of two on two debate format.
- Lottery system will be used to decide the topic as well as the motion of arguments of each team. Topics will be decided 2 hours prior to the beginning of the round.
- One member from each team has to present the opening statement for their respective motion of the topic for a duration of 4 minutes.
- The second member has to present the closing statement of duration 3 minutes.
- The teams will then face the judges and based on Q&A would be evaluated for the end results.
Rules & Regulations
- Only a group of two members can participate.
- Audio/Video file that should be sent during the preliminary round must be less than 20 MB.
- The Participants should be physically present during the final round.
- The Participants are requested to adhere to the timings.
- The results from the judges are the final and no changes will be made.
- Shortlisted students are expected to carry their ID cards on the day of event.
Event Theme: An Era of Disruption
Event Dates: 2nd February 2019
Events List :
- Federal Bank
- Fashion @ Big bazaar
- TVS, Nestle
- Catholic Syrian Bank
Last Dates for Registration: 11th January 2019, EOD
- Jeffrey Craig email@example.com, 8939344397
- Jovita firstname.lastname@example.org, 9940286924