Event Details :
DRDO Sponsored National Level Seminar on Emerging Technologies on Nano-materials for Energy Conversion and Storage Applications for Future Needs 2018, Kongu Engineering College, Erode, Tamil Nadu, 20-21st December 2018
With the rapid increase in the energy consumption and the demand of the fossil fuels, encourages the world to move towards the other clean energy sources i.e. Photovoltaic, Hydrogen generation, Fuel cells and Batteries. The objective is to exchange information in order to help raise the awareness of participants to the potential new opportunities, the new challenges and the new risks posed by nanotechnology in the field of Energy Conversion and Storage. This seminar will bring the researchers and industries to a common platform for sharing the knowledge. This platform will also be an opportunity to discuss the potential contributions of nanomaterials to sustainable development of energy conversion and storage devices, and to discuss how to achieve a reasonable distribution of benefits, risks and role of responsible stewardship in addressing energy storage applications.The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
Exposing the participants to the concept of nanomaterials, their physical and chemical properties.Imparting the knowledge on the applications of nanomaterials in energy and electronic applications.Discussing the research opportunities in these fields.Training the participants in the area of various synthetic methods that are currently used for making nanomaterials and devices.
- Fundamentals of Nanotechnology
- Design and developments of 0D, 1D and 2D nanomaterials.
- Nanomaterial characterization techniques.
- Computational methods for the nanomaterials.
- Nanostructured Materials for Energy Conversion
- Nanostructured Photocatalysts and Photoelectrochemical devices for solar fuel production and environmental remediation.
- Innovative semiconductor materials for new generation solar cells including Perovskite, thin films, and organic solar cells.
- Energy storage material synthesis and properties
- Synthesis and characterization of carbon nanotubes
- Demonstration of various synthesis techniques
- Nanomaterials for Energy Storage System
- Nanostructured electrode materials for efficient energy storage systems including rechargeable batteries and supercapacitors.
- Hydrogen Storage and Hydrogen Spillover in Carbon-Metal Nanomaterials
- Nanomaterials in Biofuel Cells
- New nanomaterials for electrocatalysis and fuel cell applications.
- Performance and reliability of nanomaterials based solar cells
Event Dates: 20-21st December 2018
Last Dates for Registration:
Last date for receipt of Applications: 10.12.2018
Intimation of Selection : 12.12.2018
Confirmation by participants : 14.12.2018
Registration Fee: Rs.300/- per Participant.
• The course fee includes lunch and refreshment.
• Boarding and Lodging will be provided to all the selected participants in the college campus.
• Registration for the course can be made by sending the duly filled registration form along with a DD for Rs.300/- in favour of “Kongu Engineering College Grants” Payable at Perundurai, or at Erode to the Chairman. Registration is limited to 50 participants and selected on first-come-first serve basis.
Application form completed in all respects is to be sent to:
DRDO Sponsored National Level Seminar on
“Emerging Technologies on Nano-materials for Energy Conversion and Storage Applications for Future Needs”
Department of EEE
Kongu Engineering College
Perundurai Erode-638 060 Tamilnadu
Contact Mobile –9688427208, 9865931597
BOARDING AND LODGING:
Accommodation and boarding will be provided to the participants on request at a nominal cost at the college campus.