Event Details :
Disaster Management and Mitigation 2018, Dr NGP Institute of Technology, Workshop, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, 5th October 2018
The Workshop aims to gain knowledge about Disaster Management and Mitigation, Some of the worst disasters in recent times have occurred in Asia, causing immeasurable misery to a very large number of people. These disasters have affected both developing and developed countries with similar consequences illustrating the need for better preparedness and disaster management capabilities in this region. Some of the most notable urban disasters include earthquakes in India, Turkey and Japan, flooding in India, Bangladesh, China and Thailand, landslides in several parts of Asia, and cyclonic storms in the Pacific Rim and South Asia. Each of these disasters resulted in high human casualty and severely impacted the economic activities in the region.
Event Departments: Civil
Event Dates: 5th October 2018
Events List :
To engage in activities which may help in minimizing the damages caused by disasters specially in rural area.
- To make endeavors towards creating awareness among the people about disasters and its consequences and to prepare them in advance to face such situations and to ensure their participation in the disaster mitigation plans.
- To evolve information reporting and monitoring tools for preparedness, immediate response and damage assessment, keeping in view the socioeconomic conditions of urban and rural areas.
Paper Presentation Topics:
- Introduction of disaster management
- Causes of Disaster
- Disaster prevention and mitigation
- Administrative structure and procedures for implementing disaster management plans
- Approach to disaster management
- Various types of disaster management operations.
- Mitigation Strategies for disaster
- Recent trends in disaster management
- Management & Mitigation Techniques
Last Dates for Registration:
- The application in the attached format is to be sent to the coordinator on or before September 28, 2018.
- Spot Registration is Available
Registration Fees :
- Students - 300
- Academicians - 400
- Industry and R&D Organisations - 500