Event Details :
CSIR Sponsored Two Days National Level Seminar on Emerging Advancements in Smart Material Applications 2019, Kongu Engineering College, Erode, Tamil Nadu, 21-22nd February 2019
Smart materials are those materials which have properties to react to changes in their environment. This means that one of their properties can be changed by an external condition such as light, pressure, temperature. So Smart Materials are defined as "Materials that can significantly change their mechanical, thermal, optical, or electromagnetic properties, in a predictable or controllable manner in response to their environment" as there are many possibilities for such materials and structures in the manmade world many innovations are happening in the field of material science that are enough smart to help human beings in an any of the ways like structural health monitoring, self-repair, defence and Space, Nuclear Industries, Reducing wastes. Smart materials also have many applications in different fields of medicine and engineering and the rise in demand for the smart materials is enough to believe that there is a great scope for the smart materials in the future. So this seminar is about bringing out the new smart and innovative ideas from the people belonging to the material sciences from all over the country for the smart future.
The Concept of Smart Materials is the new advancing topic that has the necessity to be discussed and bring out the new innovations with the smart materials and thus making a new and smart future to save energy and time in Engineering and Medical Industries and hence this is the right time to come up with new ideas and explore the ideas and meet the new people, experts and speakers in the field of Material Science and make a path for a Smart Future.
Introduction to Emerging Smart Materials and Technologies
- Classification, Properties and Characterization of Smart Materials
- Smart materials in construction and Infrastructure
- Smart materials for automation and robotics, Smart robots
- Smart materials for energy harvesting and conversion
- Smart materials for energy storage and saving
- Materials for solar energy and solar microgrids
- Actuators and Sensors as Smart Materials
- Smart materials for environment
- Smart materials for military, defense and aerospace
- Smart textile materials and fabrics
- Smart Biomaterials and Medical Devices
- Smart materials for Pharmaceutical applications
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- Smart Materials using Nano-technology
- Smart Materials in Global Market & Future scope
Event Dates: 21-22nd February 2019
Last Dates for Registration:
- Last date for receipt of Applications: 11.02.2019
- Intimation of Selection : 13.02.2019
- Confirmation by participants : 15.02.2019
Registration Fees :
- The Course fee includes Course Kit&Materials,
- Certificate, lunch and refreshment for 2 days to the participants.
- Boarding and Lodging will be provided to all the selected participants in the college campus.
- Registration for the course can be made by sending the duly filled registration form along with a DD for Rs.500/- in favour of “Kongu Engineering College Grants” Payable at Perundurai, or at Erode to the Co-ordinator. Registration is limited to 50 participants and selected on first-come-first serve basis.
Application form completed in all respects is to be sent to:
Two Days National Seminar on
“Emerging Advancements in Smart Material Applications”
Department of EEE
Kongu Engineering College
Perundurai Erode-638 060 Tamilnadu
Contact Mobile –9688427208, 8189829983,