Artificial Intelligence in Medical
Event Details :
DHR-ICMR Sponsored Workshop on Artificial Intelligence in Medical and Healthcare Applications 2018, Kongu Engineering College, Erode, Tamil Nadu, 24-29th December 2018
Artificial intelligence (AI) aims to mimic human cognitive functions. It is bringing a paradigm shift to healthcare, powered by increasing availability of healthcare data and rapid progress of analytics techniques. In this workshop we covers the current status of AI applications in healthcare and discuss its future. AI can be applied to various types of healthcare data (structured and unstructured). Popular AI techniques include machine learning methods for structured data, such as the classical support vector machine and neural network, and the modern deep learning, as well as natural language processing for unstructured data. Major disease areas that use AI tools include cancer, neurology and cardiology. We then discuss in more details the AI applications in stroke, in the three major areas of early detection and diagnosis, treatment, as well as outcome prediction and prognosis evaluation. We conclude with discussion about pioneer AI systems, such as IBM Watson, and hurdles for real-life deployment of AI.
The Workshop intends to provide a forum for researchers, enterprises and developers to share and discuss advances in the field of Artificial Intelligence applied to medicine and health care. The workshop covers theoretical and practical aspects as well as technologies and systems.
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Medical and Health Sciences
- Knowledge Management of Health Data
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Healthcare
- Machine and Deep learning approaches for Health Data
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods
- Medical decision support systems (MDSS)
- Decision Support Systems for Healthcare and wellbeing
- Optimization for healthcare problems
- Regression and forecasting for medical and/or biomedical signals
- Agent Oriented Techniques in Medicine
- Health Care, Clinical & Wellness Information Systems
- Medical Signal and Image Processing and Techniques
- Biomedical Computer Vision, Imaging, and Signal Interpretation
- Medical Expert Systems
- Diagnoses and Therapy Support Systems
- Medical Informatics and Biomedical Applications
- Applications of AI in Health Care, Surgery and Wellbeing Systems
- Medical Data- and Knowledge Bases
- Neural Networks, Fuzzy logic in Medicine
- Support vector machine, Genetic algorithm, Hybrid systems
- Impact of Big Data on Healthcare
- Protocols and Guidelines, Information Retrieval
- Medical device technologies: Brain-computer interfaces
- Biometrics, Cognitive Science, Medical Imaging
- Pattern Recognition in Medicine, Ontology and Medical Information
- Telemedicine and Cooperative Systems
- Healthcare Process Management
- Evaluation of Health Information Systems: Challenges and Approaches
- AI Startups In Healthcare
- Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Computing in Medicine and Health Care
- Social Aspects of AI in Medicine
- Artificial Intelligence: Future of Medicine and Healthcare
Event Dates: 24-29th December 2018
Last Dates for Registration:
- Last Date for receipt of Applications : 17.12.2018
- Intimation of Participants : 18.12.2018
- Confirmation of Participants : 19.12.2018
REGISTRATION FEE :
Registration Fee: Rs.1000/- per Participant.
- The Course fee includes Course Kit&Materials, Certificate, lunch and refreshment for 6 days to the participants.
- Boarding and Lodging will be provided to all the selected participants in the college campus.
- Registration for the course can be made by sending the duly filled registration form along with a DD for Rs.1000/- in favour of “Kongu Engineering College Grants” Payable at Perundurai, or at Erode to the Organising Secretary. Registration is limited to 50 participants and systems.
Application form completed in all respects is to be sent to:
Dr.S.Albert Alexander Ph.D.,PDF(USA)., Associate Professor
Department of EEE
Kongu Engineering College
Perundurai Erode-638 060 Tamilnadu
Contact Mobile –9688427208, 9865931597
BOARDING AND LODGING
Accommodation and boarding if required will be provided in the college campus on chargeable basis to the participants.