Event Details :
National Seminar on Sustainable applications of Cold formed Steel Structures 2018, Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R and D Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 24th August 2018
Cold-formed steel structures have attained reputation in steel construction industry in the preceding decade and have been often adopted in prefabricated systems and low cost housing schemes. IS:801 - Code of Practice for Use of Cold Formed Light Gauge Steel Structural Members In General Building Construction is being revised into limit state format in line with IS:800 - Code of Practice for General, both in terms of chapter layout and the design formalism.
The workshop envisions the wisdom about Cold-Formed steel structures which are structural products that are made by forming plane sheets of steel at an ambient temperature into different shapes which can be used to satisfy structural and functional requirements. In present scenario, the demand for high strength materials for wide range of structural applications has been instrumental for more developments in cold-formed steel sections as compared to the hot rolled steel sections.
Event Dates: 24th August 2018
Event Departments: Civil
- One day National Seminar On "SUSTAINABLE APPLICATIONS OF COLD FORMED STEEL STRUCTURES" Organized by DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
- SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL AND CONSTRUCTION
Last Dates for Registration: 14.08.2018
- Registration fee includes Seminar kit and Lunch.
- Spot registration is not entertained for the event.
- Registration fee can be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R & D Institute of Science and Technology" payable at Chennai.
- The application in the attached format is to be sent to the coordinator through e-mail on or before 14th August, 2018.
Delegates Category Registration Fee
- Industry / R&D: 750
- Faculty : 600
- Students /
- Research Scholars: 400
Dr. M. Vinod Kumar
Mr.T. Udhaya Kumar.
Email ID: email@example.com
Accommodation: No Accomadation